Community Partners Seek Executive Director for Alignment Peoria
JOB TITLE: Executive Director
OPENING DATE: Wednesday, September 7, 2016
CLOSING DATE: Monday, September 19, 2016 or until position filled
SALARY: Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience
JOB TYPE: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Executive Director will implement the mission, strategic goals and objectives of Alignment Peoria. In general, the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director are to provide direction and leadership between the Peoria Public School District based on the district’s strategic plan and Community Partners and to become a leader through the Community of Collaboration.
Alignment Peoria leadership has identified the following obstacles to success that the incumbent may face:
- Alignment Peoria is a start-up organization built on a proven methodology – Alignment USA
- Vulnerable and fragile because its work relies heavily on sustained volunteer committees
- Peoria is “Hungry to Help”. Traditionally, volunteers are eager to support new efforts and initiatives, but sustained and committed volunteers are a challenge to maintain
- The organization needs to grow in order to fulfill its mission, which presents a unique set of challenges
- There is no historical existing knowledge and relationship development in place at this time; much of this effort will be ground-breaking, by nature
Why would an individual pursue this opportunity?
- To be a leader in one of the most important initiatives in the region: Improving education is consistently rated as one of the top priorities by Peoria’s citizens
- To demonstrate your unique ability to drive positive outcomes through your credibility, competency, collaboration and focus
- To make a tremendous difference in the lives of Peoria Public Schools’ students, staff, and the community as a whole
- To contribute to the future viability of the region
Alignment Peoria will be a collective impact organization whose mission is to align diverse community resources in support of Peoria Public Schools in order to raise student achievement, improve the health and happiness of children, and advance the economic and social well-being of the community.
Alignment Peoria will envision all students graduating from high school with marketable employment skills, enrolling in post-secondary education, and excited to stay in our community, eager to live, work, learn, create, and play in the Peoria region as contributing adults.
Alignment Peoria will depend on vital partnerships with the community. Partners include:
- Peoria Public Schools
- The City of Peoria
- The County of Peoria
- Other public, private, and non-profit organizations
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Program Planning, Development and Evaluation:
- Develop strategic plans to support the organization mission, goals and objectives
- Develop and implement evaluations of program goals and objectives
- Utilize Alignment principles, structure, process, and technology to achieve goals and facilitate solution ownership
- Develop agreements and community partnerships to meet the Alignment Peoria mission and Peoria Public Schools strategic plan
- Secure grants to support the organization’s mission, goals and objectives
- Facilitate and support the solution design of Alignment Peoria’s working committees
- Manage projects by utilizing community resources
- Attend Peoria Public Schools Cabinet Meetings on a monthly basis
- Attend Board meetings and serve as ex officio member on its committees
- Prepare and deliver Executive Director Reports and other reports on a monthly basis to the Governing Board
- Development of an annual budget for review and approval by the Governing Board
- Manage financial affairs by ensuring proper appropriation of funds
- Maintain an inventory of agency property and protect all such property
- Authorize purchase orders, vouchers and payments within given authorization
- Administer contracts as approved by the Governing Board
- Manage grant awards and corporate gifts to meet all financial and programmatic provisions
- Review and approve all reports to funding sources
Marketing, Public-Relations and Community Engagement:
- Manage all public and media communications
- Articulate Alignment Peoria’s mission through its web-site and other media channels
- Plan and secure community resources to deliver solution design
- Manage relationships with Peoria Public Schools Administration
- Represent Alignment Peoria with affiliated organizations
- Seek affiliation with community resources in support of Peoria Public Schools’ strategic plan
- Support Fund Development Committee activities
- Select, employ, and supervise corporate agents and employees
- Develop, implement, and maintain personnel policies and practices
- Conduct performance evaluations on staff and committee leaders
- Reports to Executive Committee of the Governing Board of Directors
- The Executive Director shall perform other duties as assigned by the Governing Board of Directors
- Performs related duties as required
Competencies, Experience and Characteristics
- Excellent in problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of school district and community cultural and economic challenges
- Effective facilitation and collaboration skills, strong leadership, creative and independent thinking
- Strong computer, social media and technology knowledge
- Effective in creating and maintaining relationships
- Knowledge of political challenges within the local community and school district
- Experience working with non-profit boards or governmental boards
- Experience in organizational change
- Grant writing experience, preferred
- Fearless and persistent
- Change management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT POSITION:
- Travel is anticipated to be local, regional and national.
- A competitive compensation package will be offered commensurate with candidate experience and
- Employment location is flexible. Executive Director will work a standard work week, but will often work early morning, evening and weekend hours to accommodate activities such as meetings and representing the organization at events/conferences as benefits the organization.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
Individuals interested in this position should apply online at www.icc.edu/jobs.
In addition to a complete application, the following is required for fullest consideration:
- Cover letter which addresses qualifications and responsibilities stated in the position description
- Current resume
- List of three references including names, phone numbers and email addresses
The above documents should be included with the online application in the “Attachments” section.
Final candidate(s) will be required to complete a drug screen, physical, background check, validation of current credentials, and participate in position-related testing.
For fullest consideration, please apply by Monday, September 19, 2016.
Position will remain open until filled.
Alignment Peoria, and its partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers that ensure equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other unlawful basis in the hiring, promotion, firing, pay or privileges of employment. Any individual needing assistance in the application process should contact Summer Wright at (309) 694-8850 or email@example.com.
For additional information on this search, please contact:
Linnet Graze, Administrative Assistant
Phone: (309) 655-2860